Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"The Great American Sentence" Contest

Hi all

Recently I was hunting around for some interesting writing contests to satisfy my New Year's writing intentions, and I came across this:

http://www.easystreetmag.com/great-american-sentence/

Easy Street: a Magazine of Books and Culture is offering a contest where you can send in all those stellar first sentences of your books-in-progress. Or, if you have even more impressive sentences buried in the middle of your works somewhere, you can send those in as well. You can send up to 5 sentences, and winners will be paid $5 per word, or $10 per word if you share information on this contest on your social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, blog, etc).

If you're interested, you'd better hurry. Entries will only be accepted for another few days. The contest ends midnight on February 28, EST.

If I come across any more interesting contests in my travels, I'll happily pass them along. Check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment