Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Something Old, Something New

Hi all!

More writing news for you, involving some old writing by me and some brand new writing.

First, the new stuff. I have two new books now available. In truth, they've been available for a bit, but I'm a little behind with my announcements. I've written two coding books for children ages 9-12 with Focus Readers, as part of their Coding series.

Here is a description of Coding Basics:



Explains the many ways code is used today, including key concepts such as robotics and coding careers. Easy-to-read text, informative sidebars, and helpful diagrams make this book an engaging read for avid technology fans and readers who are new to computer coding.

And here is a description of How Coding Works:





Explains the process programmers use to write code, including key concepts such as algorithms and programming languages. Easy-to-read text, informative sidebars, and helpful diagrams make this book an engaging read for avid technology fans and readers who are new to computer coding.

The other two books in the series are Video Game Coding by Janet Slingerland and The Future of Coding by Kathryn Hulick. All of these books are a great introduction to the world of coding for early middle graders.


For anyone interested in ordering them, you can go on Amazon or directly to the Focus Readers website:


From Focus Readers: https://www.focusreaders.com/coding/

Coding Basics from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Coding-Basics-George-Anthony-Kulz-dp-1641853263/dp/1641853263/ref=mt_hardcover?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1554333723

How Coding Works from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Coding-Works-George-Anthony-Kulz/dp/1641853867/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=George+Anthony+Kulz&qid=1554333723&s=books&sr=1-6

Video Game Coding from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Video-Game-Coding-Janet-Slingerland/dp/1641853298/ref=sr_1_33?keywords=Video+Game+Coding&qid=1554333907&s=books&sr=1-33

The Future of Coding from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Future-Coding-Kathryn-Hulick/dp/1641853859/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=The+Future+of+Coding&qid=1554333958&s=books&sr=1-14

Now for something old, and something I stumbled upon by accident but is exciting because it hearkens back to the really early days of my published writing.

While poking around on Amazon, I happened to find the VERY FIRST short story I ever submitted and got accepted for publication. And here it is!


This was a short story that was originally published in Spider magazine in 2007. This story has a special place in my heart. First, everything about writing the story excited me. Somehow the story just clicked together for me. It actually started out as a writing class assignment for a course I was taking at the Institute of Children's Literature. It established the types of stories I wanted to write - the real and the fantastic and absurd, mixed together in the same universe. The process I went through to get this first story submitted and eventually published was grueling, but it was invaluable early in my writing career because it taught me lessons about patience, perseverance, hard work, and the importance of beta readers and having a writing support group (which at that time was the staff, faculty, and my fellow writers at ICL).

I was thrilled to stumble across this on Amazon and see it in a standalone form. It's even more exciting because if anyone is interested in it, it's only $1 on Amazon! You can order it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Small-Mouse-Trouble-George-Anthony-ebook/dp/B07NPYSKS9/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Small+Mouse%2C+Big+Trouble&qid=1556029061&s=books&sr=1-3

That's all the news I have for now. I'm working on a new book now, and I have two others coming out sometime this summer, so hopefully there will be more to report in the near future. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment